Monday, November 2, 2020

YouTube Channel Update for October 2020: How the "Relaunch" is going and some behind-the-scenes info

When I relaunched our YouTube channel about a month ago, it was to see if giving the channel more attention would be enough to push us back into monetization under YouTube's revised rules. It wasn't about the money, it was about something (literally) bigger than that.

Having the YouTube channel making money would help me justify keeping the town assembled in this "gap decade" between my kids and my kids' kids (my grandkids). So far... it is not going well. That's not to say the town is coming down anytime soon, but the videos might be ending if there's no incentive to take the extra time to make them.

I'm not QUITE ready to give up, as there's already some planned topics as suggested BY YOU, THE PEOPLE (!) that I want to cover first. However-- and I'm being honest and transparent here-- there's little reason to go through the effort to make content that YouTube won't pay for. I'm working for them for free, basically. We need to turn this ship around-- so:
If you're watching on YouTube, please LIKE this video (and all the other ones on this channel) as that seems to REALLY affect how YouTube directs traffic to our channel and helps us keep things going.
Consider sharing the channel or this video with your Lego friends and please SUBSCRIBE if you have not already.

Thanks for visiting us here at www.bricksburgh.com and check out the videos on our YouTube channel at www.YouTube.com/MSIMMONS. You can also follow up on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Bricksburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated-- yours will post once approved.