Tuesday, November 17, 2020

YouTube Frustration....

I'm not entirely sure what is going on, but it does seem like making an effort results in YouTube punishing the channel. The more videos created, the lower our referrals from off-channel.
I'm not giving up... not yet.  But I am not going to continue to prioritizing new videos. I will make them when appropriate and am tinkering/exploring with moving the entire channel to DailyMotion instead, which seems to have a more favorable monetization program: https://www.dailymotion.com/dm_33b3957010574f55b19df32c79a11eb9

As far as YouTube is concerned, look at how the increased number of videos has inexplicably resulted in a lower baseline of views:
I can't explain it any other way than to see that the spikes are from channel subscribers getting notifications. But despite them giving the new videos lots of "thumbs up" the baseline view count is about HALF of what it was before I started uploading new videos (the 4, 2, etc. in the boxes represent video uploads on those dates).  

Digging deeper into the analytics, it seems like the more content I create, the less referrals we get from search results and recommended videos. YouTube is ranking the videos lower in the results and/or not displaying them at all. Sooo......  I'm going to leave the channel to coast a little and see if the baseline drifts back up with LESS activity.  

I'm also exploring combining the channels I have onto one account in addition to the DailyMotion option.

Thanks for visiting us here at www.bricksburgh.com and check out the videos on our YouTube channel at www.YouTube.com/MSIMMONS. You can also follow up on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Bricksburgh.

1 comment:

  1. This is also happening to me, the more I post, the less views I get. And it's super annoying since everyone is telling me "Post videos and you'll get views".

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated-- yours will post once approved.